Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wind Storm 2008

As promised, I'm posting some photos of the damage in my neighborhood caused by the remnants of Hurricane Ike, which our local media started calling "Wind Storm 2008!"

Our electricity went out on Sunday, September 14th at around 1 pm and it was finally restored on Sunday, September 21st at around 6:15 pm. It was a long week, but we managed. We lost about $300 worth of groceries and a tree fell in our back yard, but other than that, we survived the storm pretty well.

Now that we have electricity and groceries again, I will try and get some new posts up soon. Stay tuned!

Downed Tree in Our Back Yard

My Cousin's Car

My Cousin's Smashed Car

Wind Debris


Tree Broken in Our Yard

My Neighbor's House

1 comment:

  1. Wow - 7 days is a long time to go without electricity! It looks like a huge tornado swept thru there.

    ReplyDelete