Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Arizona

I met my husband, Cameron, online. He lived in Arizona at the time and I lived in Kentucky. I know it's cliche and kind of like "Sleepless in Seattle," but its true. When I met Cameron online, I really wasn't interested in men. I had my heart broken twice before I wasn't going to go there again. Cameron and I had so much in common. We talked and talked. After about a month, an ex-boyfriend popped back into my life. I wasn't serious about my friendship/blooming romance with Cameron so I broke it off. Cameron and I still spoke online, but I tried to make it clear that nothing would come of the relationship. One night about a week later I came home from work and signed on to talk to Cameron like I had everyday for the past month or so. But he wasn't online. I waited for hours and hours to no avail. Around midnight I realized that I was making the worst mistake of my life. I called my boyfriend and told him it was over. I was in love with someone else. Then I called Cameron and begged for forgiveness. He forgave me. Our relationship intensified and we starting calling one another and sending photos and cards. Finally I traveled to Arizona to meet him face-to-face. It was then that I knew I had found the "one." I moved to Arizona about a month later and Cameron and I were married two months later. Cameron and I have been happily married for 10 years now. He and I lived in Arizona for about 2 years and then I dragged him back home to Kentucky with me and we've lived here ever since. I find that sometimes I really miss Arizona. Cameron and I travel there about once a year to visit his family. I'm always excited to go there and sad to leave. Whenever we visit, we always take a drive through the state and I take photographs (because that's what I love to do). These are some of the photos I took while we were driving through the beautiful state of Arizona.
Desert Sunset

Saguaro Cactus

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, you've got some gorgeous shots here...I wish there was a place to leave general comments, because your entire blog is wonderful :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete