Monday, August 03, 2009

Portraits

Most of the photos I post on my blog are nature photos. I don't normally post any of the portraits that I've taken (with exception of my niece and nephew). I thought I would change it up a bit. I've recently starting doing some portraits for family and friends. I'm not a professional photographer and I still haven't mastered my photo editing software, but I love to take photographs of people. Despite my inexperience, a few people have allowed me to take photographs for them. My next few blog posts will be some of my favorite portraits.

These photos are of Abigail. Abby is about 12 years old (I think). She is the cousin of my brother-in-law. These photos were taken at Abby's aunt's house in Henderson, Kentucky. The house sits on a large piece of land with a barn-style garage and lots of greenery in the back yard and a little wooden bridge crossing a creek. It was a beautiful place to take photos. Abby is into dance and gymnastics, so I got a few action shots of her doing flips and cartwheels. These photos were taken in April of this year. It was a beautiful day in the upper 60s. I was suffering with a sinus infection that weekend, but I don't let anything stop me from taking photos. (In December, I took some photos for a friend and I was also extremely sick, again with a sinus infection - it happens to me every time the seasons change.)

I will add some more portraits in my next post.

Let me know what you think of these photos. I love to see your comments and of course I'm always open to advice from experienced photographers. And, as always, thanks for stopping by!


Defying Gravity


Jump for Joy

Spring Beauties

Abigail

Pretty in Pink

Country Girl


1 comment: