Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Portraits - My First Wedding Shoot

These photos are of the first wedding I ever photographed. The bride is the niece of my husband's co-worker. They were doing the wedding on a budget and needed someone to take photos for them. I offered to do it for free just for the experience (although my husband's co-worker did give me some money anyway). On the day of the wedding, I was sooo nervous. What if the photos didn't turn out? What if the bride didn't like them? I was probably more nervous than the bride and groom!

The day of the wedding, Hurricane Ike came to Kentucky. There were winds of up to 100 mph. The wedding was supposed to take place outdoors, but had to be moved indoors because of the wind. The wedding took place at the Brown-Pusey House in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. Later that afternoon, after the winds died down a little, we were able to go outside and get a few photos. The groom was pretty reluctant to get photographed so it was difficult to get him to smile for the photos. Overall, it was a great learning experience.

On a side note, I want to say Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband, Cameron. Happy Birthday honey!

Sharing Sweet Nothings

The Bride & Groom

Waiting for the Groom

The Wedding Dress

Almost Time

Wedding Day

2 comments:

  1. What a great job you did! Love what you do with your black & whites too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Melissa! I especially like that last one!

    ReplyDelete