Thursday, January 27, 2011

Monday Morning Blahs

Does anyone like Monday mornings, really? I certainly don't. This morning in particular has not been a great start to my week. I woke up with a sinus headache that doesn't seem to want to go away. I won't even go into the details of my sinus woes. I can sum it up by saying that I get a sinus headache at least once a week and I get a sinus infection every time the seasons change. I have boxes of tissues in my living room, my bedroom, my den, on my desk at work, and I keep spare boxes of tissues in my closet. My sinuses are not my friend. I know there are many things to be thankful for in my life, but I'm not feeling very thankful for Monday mornings (or my sinuses). So, maybe I'll just talk about something I can be thankful for.

In July 2010, my husband and I took a road trip across the U.S. We started in Louisville, Kentucky and drove west through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, and ended our drive in Tucson, Arizona. We spent 2 and 1/2 days driving to Tucson. We took a different route home and drove from Tucson, Arizona through New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, and back to Kentucky. The trip home only took 2 days and I didn't stop to take photos.

I saw some of the most beautiful landscapes I've ever seen on our drive across country. I took over 2000 photos during our drive there and while we were in Tucson. My next several posts will be showcasing some of the photos I took this summer.

These are photos of clouds I took in Kansas. It was late afternoon and we had stopped to get gas and stretch our legs. I was noticing lots of small clusters of clouds and I had to snap a few photos. I used my Nikon Coolpix camera (which I keep in my purse at all times) for these photos. I love taking photographs of clouds and thunderstorms. I love the way the sun's rays poke through the clouds and send beams out all around.

Sun Bursting Through the Clouds

Suns Rays Shining Down

Lonely Thunderstorm
I drove most of the first day. After this pit stop, my husband assumed the driving responsibilities. We ended our first day's journey in a small town along Interstate 70 called Goodland, Kansas. It is about 25 miles from the border of Colorado.

\If you want to see the beauty of the Lord's creation, all you have to do is take a drive across the country. My next post will highlight just a few of the photos I took while driving through the mountains of Colorado. It was a magical experience and I can't wait to share it with all of my followers. There will be multiple posts with photos of the beautiful landscapes of Colorado.

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why I can't wait to take a cross-country road trip with my camera in tow!

    ReplyDelete