Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Feeling Blue

Yeah, I know I'm not posting often enough.  I've been going through a little funk lately.  It seems like all I do is work.  I have weekends off, but I spend those running errands, doing household chores, and maybe trying to spend a little quality time with my husband.  My week goes like this: 

Monday-Friday:  I'm up at 5:30 am to get ready for work.  I leave for work around 7 am and I get home at 6 pm.  Cameron and I try to figure out dinner, which takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.  After dinner has been prepared and eaten, maybe I watch some TV and do a load of laundry.  11 pm is bedtime and the process starts all over again. 

Saturday and Sunday:  I try to get a little sleep to make up for the sleep deprivation I've suffered through all week.  I don't sleep well when I know an alarm clock is going to wake me.  I wake up repeatedly throughout the night and look at the stupid clock.  Saturday mornings I balance the checkbook, pay some bills, and run errands.  Saturday evenings I usually go to church and out to dinner with my hubby and maybe some friends.  After dinner, maybe we go over our friends' house to play cards or watch a movie, or we go home and watch a movie.  Sundays are spent doing laundry, cleaning house, and cutting grass. 

I feel like in a week that has 7 days, I only get Saturday night to have any fun.  I don't expect to be entertained constantly, but shouldn't I have more than a few hours each week to have fun?  I spend about 12 1/2 hours of each day getting ready to go to work, working, and driving to and from work.  I get about 4-5 hours each evening to myself, and those usually don't involve too many fun activities. 

I think one of my biggest problems is that I haven't had an opportunity to take any photos.  It's been well over 90 degrees with high humidity in Kentucky for most of the summer.  You can have a heat stroke very quickly, so I haven't been spending much time outdoors. 

Another one of my problems is that I always need to have something to look forward to, like an upcoming vacation, and I don't have that right now.  We usually go on vacation in February, but we've been saving up to buy a car.  If/when we find a car to purchase, we probably won't be able to afford a vacation after that expense.  That depresses me more than I can even express.  I live for our annual vacation, even though we usually just go visit relatives in Arizona.  I love to travel. 

I know that I have many blessings in my life.  I'm grateful for all the Lord has given me.  I just wish that I had some exciting plans to look forward to.  That is what seems to help me get through the day-to-day chores of every day life.  If I have something to plan and a trip to look forward to, then I'm a happy girl. 

We've been struggling to find a reasonably-priced used car.  The car market is ridiculous right now.  People want way too much for cars that are older with high mileage.  We need a dependable, somewhat fuel efficient, four-door sedan, with air conditioning.  Car shopping has not been an enjoyable experience thus far.  With the way the market is right now, I don't think it will get any better.

I feel like I spend so much time working that I don't get to enjoy life.  Is life really supposed to be this way?

Blue Bird on a Fence

Blue Bird Watching Me
     
Right now I feel about as blue as this bird.  I know its a temporary thing.  I'll get over it.  I just need something fun in my life.  The Kentucky State Fair is coming up next week, so that should be fun.  Plus, my husband's birthday is on Friday.  I'm sure we'll do something fun this weekend to celebrate.  I just really wish I had a vacation planned.  Besides loving the Lord and my family, traveling and taking photos of beautiful places is what brings peace and joy in my life.  I could really use some of that right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment